Sunday, October 6, 2013

Guess What I Did Today?????

Brachiation ladder tutorial to follow!

This is my version of a Doman brachiation ladder & took a couple of hours total.  It only cost about $ for all of the materials. We mounted it directly to the wall which means that it doesn't take up as much space, was quicker to build & cost less. That's K's loft bed that you see to one side of the ladder.  It is pushed up against the wall now so she does loose about a foot & a half of bedroom space but even in her fairly small room it's not too bad for space.


The only downside I've found so far is that literally 30 seconds after I put K to bed tonight I heard her get out of bed to use it...........................but who can blame her?  Your own set of monkey bars in your bedroom is pretty hard to resist!

I took pictures as I built it so I'll post a tutorial soon.


2 comments:

  1. I am glad you have posted about this. I have been thinking on how to do something similar for Tommy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this. I sent the link to my dad, my handyman. He loves to make projects. And, being retired, has more time for them and less projects to do! He lives in Florida and I don't so it will be a good project for when he comes to visit. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete