Friday, August 17, 2012

Gathering the Info............

That's how I feel about a lot of things we have taught K. It's been a few years since we started teaching her & I am really seeing the results now. There are times when my husband laughs at the wide variety of subjects K is learning. Not that he disagrees - he just finds it entertaining. For example, this week on Little Reader we are learning about biomes as well as a more in depth look at the digestive system. It seems like a lot for her age but my husband also laughed when around 18 months of age we did carpentry tools. One year later when we built our house, K knew what a hammer, saw, nails etc were. At 18 months K was just "gathering the info" but a year later she put that info to work as she played carpenter & occasionally retrieved a misplaced tool for someone.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Never too early to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I just stumbled across your blog. I love seeing other kids with Down syndrome reading and learning like my daughter who is five. It takes work as your blog demonstrates but so worth the reward. It is amazing when you do not put limits on your kid with Dwn syndrome, huh? Keep up the amazing blog because it is so filled with such valuable advice and information. You have put a ton of time into this! It is nice to see other mothers out there with the same philosophy as me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious, do you make your own Little Reader stuff, or do you use stuff from the forum? Or somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete