Saturday, November 5, 2011

Canadian Down Syndrome Awareness Week - Where are the mama bears?

This is totally off topic tonight, & not related to Down syndrome, K or any of the usual things that I talk about, but I just need to vent about this.  Today I heard of 2 different incidents in communities not far away that make me wonder about being a mama bear.  It is very rare that my mama bear has ever had to come to the surface, but it is always there, just beneath, making sure my kids are safe.  It is as instinctive for me as I'm sure it is for a real mother bear protecting her cubs. All mothers need this quality....................no, actually, it is their kids who need them to have it.  Every child should know that there is at least one person out there  who would do everything in their power to keep the safe. Hopefully, they have more than one.  My kids are very fortunate not only to have my husband & myself, but lots of other family too.  I am feeling so bad tonight for those kids who are not being protected by their families.  I just can't see anything but black & white in this issue.  There is no grey area.  It doesn't matter who is causing them harm. Protect your kids!  Be a mama bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment