Thursday, October 20, 2011

31 for 21 - Monkey Bars

We have done upper body excercises with K since she was little.  By 1 year of age, she could grasp my thumbs in her hand & hold her body up for about 10 or 15 seconds. We have had a bar in the doorway for her to pull herself up with since that time & more recently a bar to swing from in the pantry, although, recently, we haven't encourage K to use it as often. We have been planning to make a brachiation ladder, but recently, I was given an older set of monkey bars, so I thought we would use them for the summer & plan to make the brachiation ladder in the fall, to be used next winter.  The fun part of having 4 girls, is that we don't  have to worry about the colors they choose:

PICTURE to FOLLOW - tonight, I accidentally bumped the little gadget that gives us wifi off of the desk & down the stairs. So, until my husband is able to take a look at it, the only internet I have is on my phone which does not allow me to upload pictures. I'll post a pic of our colorful monkey bars when I can:)


The brachitation ladder will be much more useful because it can be adjusted to your child's height. Here is an example of the sort of brachiation ladder we plan to build. 

No comments:

Post a Comment