Monday, August 29, 2011

Jumping Into the Pool & Conquering Her Fear of Heights!

This video is of K jumping off of the top step of the ladder into our pool.  It was actually taken a couple of weeks ago, but I've been so busy that I'm just now getting around to posting it.  It is not so much her abilities in the pool that makes me proud when I see this video.  It is the fact that she has had a fear of heights for about 6 months which we have been trying to help her get over.  K has enjoyed climbing the whole time, but has had to feel secure about her footing & would not have jumped previously.  She has obviously been working hard & improved a lot. It was her own idea to go jump off the ladder & I'm glad I had my camera there because usually I never catch these sorts of moments.  You can tell that she was a little nervous as she jumped but you can also see how proud she is of herself by the little delighted squeal after her head bobs up to the surface again.  













1 comment: